(Shaving music after photo)
Art of Shaving is kind of of a mixed bag. Their shaving cream and balm is incredible in my opinion, but they are owned by Proctor and Gamble who continue to push these multi-bladed monsters at a high cost down our throat. High cost is a recurring theme at Art of Shaving. The best deal is possibly the container you see in my photo. 5 ounces for 25 dollars and I think that is way too high. 3.3 ounces of their hard puck soap is $30! Their balm/lotions are $40! Outrageous! Their pre-shave gel, which is 2 ounces for 25 dollars, feels exactly like Corn Huskers lotion.
But boy does that shaving cream and lotion perform. Neither is likely to be purchased again due to cost (my birthday is tomorrow so feel free to buy it for me as a gift) but really is nice. It takes so very little of the cream to make enough super slick lather for 8 passes if needed. I took two light dabs with my brush and lathered in a salsa bowl and after four passes it looked like I hadn’t begun to touch it yet. The lotion is one of three brands that I like using. But it really is the shaving cream that really stands out. If I had to choose from my current den, a soap that I could compare it to for minimal loading for maximum lather and slickness, I would have to choose Klar Kabinett. It’s just a damn shame that it is so expensive.
- Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp Pre-Shave Gel
- Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp Shave Cream
- Ever~Ready 500PBT with TGN Silvertip knot
- Gem Bullet-tip
- Treet Super
- Hot Shower
- Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp After Shave Lotion
- Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Brain Salad Surgery – Jerusalem
- Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Brain Salad Surgery – Toccata
- Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Brain Salad Surgery – Still….You Turn Me On
- Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Brain Salad Surgery – Benny the Bouncer