- Soap – Shaving Yeti – Yeti Snot
- Soap – Barbiere di Figaro – Esclusivo
- Brush – Parker best badger
- Razor – Gem 1912
- Blade – Treet Super
- Aftershave – Family Dollar ‘Brut’ knockoff
I have been meaning to combine the yeti snot with another soap for quite some time and yesterday I did it. It worked so well that I felt it was perfect for today. I had loaded the brush with yeti snot for about 5 seconds and then loaded the BDF next for about 10 or 15 seconds and face lathered. What I got was a creamy protective slippery lather that worked very well with the single edge razor. I was reaching for some Clubman for aftershave but at the last minute I grabbed what you see to keep in spirit of a mentholated shave. Despite loading the Yeti for only 5 seconds, the shave was colder than any other mentholated soaps that I have. The scent was more overpowering than the BDF and it cleared up my nasal passages still. It is some strong stuff! Very happy with the results today. Yesterday I did three passes with this set up; today was only two but the skin feels great!
It’s a new month so it’s time to look back and see what my most used products were.
- Yardley Gold (5 uses)
- Williams Mug Soap/ Soap Commander – Respect (3 uses each)
- Parker best badger/ Slate Shave pure badger (6 uses each)
- Semogue 740 pure badger (5 uses)
- Merkur 23c (13 uses)
- Schick Injector type N (7 uses)
- GEM 1912 and Micromatic bullet-tip (3 uses each)
- None used
- Tabac (4 uses)
- Aubrey’s Men Stock North Woods (3 uses)
Yardley Gold had the most uses because I wanted to finish off the tube but that hasn’t happened yet and I needed a bit of variety. I’m surprised to see the badgers so heavily used this time. Normally it is the boars that get the most use. I suspect it is because of the increase in creams this past month that put them over the edge. The numbers on the razors don’t surprise me much except that I limited myself to just 4 razors all month. And last but not least is the aftershaves. Tabac is the newest to my collection and I just loved it.