- Soap – The Shaving Yeti – Shore Leave
- Brush – Century #4 boar (original knot)
- Razor – Merkur 23c
- Blade – Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (black)
- Aftershave – Old Spice – Lime
- Cologne – Pinaud – Citrus Musk
The old Century brush is quickly becoming my favorite for semi soft to hard soaps in a bowl. It’s long bristles can store a lot of soap from loading and then add a bit of water and boom! I soaked the soap with just a bit of water (enough to wet surface only) and loaded for a few seconds and then added some water to my bowl and got a enough lather for all my shaving needs with a uniform Barbasol foam consistency. Great shave! 3 or 4 uses with this blade and it was time to discard.
Wednesday (Williams Wednesday)
- Soap – Williams Mug Soap (vintage)
- Brush – Montclair boar (original knot)
- Razor – GEM 1912
- Blade – Treet Super
- Aftershave – Skin Bracer – Spice Scent
This is my favorite brush handle. It fits my hand/fingers perfectly. I had trimmed the top when I first got it (NOS in an antique store) because it simply would not splay out and it was poking holes in my skin (tough bastard). Seriously, it would cause me to bleed. Of all my painted wooden handles, this is the only one knot to crack the paint. The bristles were extremely fragile when I got it and it took a lot of conditioner to fix. No hairs break or fall out now.