- Warm Shower/ Soap
- Soap – Shaving Yeti – Shore Leave
- Brush – Van der Hagen boar (soaked in cold water)
- Razor – Parker head on EJ body
- Blade – Croma Diamant (1)
- Cold Water/ Alum
- Cold Water
- Old Spice Lime Aftershave
- Pinaud Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne
Cold water shave today and to see how this soap does with cold water. With a fair amount of swirling it did just fine. I really like the lime smell of the Shore Leave and find that the Pinaud Citrus Musk is a very close match.
Not happy with blade choice. I started with the Derby Extra from yesterday and after one 1-inch pass I tossed it and loaded this. It felt better but was hell on an full AGT pass on the cheeks. My cheeks are on fire. NO nicks but I certainly do not enjoy this sensation. These will go in a pass around box when it gets to me. Perhaps someone else will like them.
That poor boar of mine is going to need reknotting at this rate of shedding. It’s a cheap boar brush ($6?) and lost maybe close to 15 to 20 hairs this round. I kid you knot. ha aha ha ha ha. Anyway, it’s a small shame as it feels very very nice on my face.
Decided to have some music play softly in the background while I shave. Here’s what played today.
- Louis Armstrong – What a Wonderful World
- Frank Sinatra – Got You Under My Skin
- Dean Martin – Ain’t That a Kick in the Head
- Ella Fitzgerald – Over the Rainbow
- Nat King Cole – Unforgettable
- Michael Buble – Haven’t Met you Yet
- Sammy Davis, Jr. – I’ve Gotta be Me
- Frank Sinatra – Let’s Fall in Love
- Frank Sinatra – That Face
- Matt Monro – Softly as I leave You